Brief Summary of research:
Novel micellar nanostructures and micellosomes for improved solubilization and delivery of bioactives.
Specific research topics related to Nanoscience and Nanotechnology:
Novel Micellar Cubic Nanostructures and the Corresponding Micellosomes for Improved Solubilization and Delivery of Bioactives -
- Liquid nano-vehicles based on microemulsions and emulsified microemulsions.
- Novel nanosized self-assembled liquid vehicles (NSSL technology).
- Lyotropic liquid crystals as solubilization for non-soluble bioactives.
- Transdermal and transmembrane competitive transport via nano-carriers.
- Nutraceuticals and food supplements- structure, mechanisms and bioavailability.
- Regioselectivity and interfacial enzymatic reactions.
- Development of new and advanced analytical tools for studying structural aspects of nanosized systems such as SAXS, SD-NMR, Cryo-TEM, Dielectric Spectroscopy, DSC, rheology, EPR, NMR-chromatography.