Institute of Chemistry, Faculty of Science
Casali Build., room 210
Brief Summary of research:
- Biodegradable polymers. Design, synthesis and development of new biodegradable polymeric systems.
- Tissue engineering. Tailoring of polymers for scaffolding and regeneration of functional human tissue, especially arterial reconstruction.
- Plasma surface treatments. Surface modification of polymers by means of polymerization of functionalization under plasma conditions, for biomedical purposes.
- Biomedical injectables. Development of novel polymeric systems for in situ generated implants.
- Biomedical composites. Fiber reinforced polymers for hard and soft tissue implants and prostheses.