The award-winning Nano-Art competition allows students to be creative not only in their research field but also in art
Atoms and molecules, natural structures or structures created because of chemical and physical processing of various materials, seen by advanced characterization equipment and by using different artistic techniques become spectacular works.
We are looking for creative work that demonstrates originality, aesthetic value and the ability to project from one area (science) to another (art) - your research work in an artistic vision.
Submissions will include:
- High-resolution image - at least 2MB picture file, preferably 40X30 cm in size
- Image must include a scale bar
- Full name
- Supervisor's name
- Department, Telephone #, Email
- Date taken
- Image title (up to 5 words)
- Figure caption: A brief description of the scientific content (1-2 sentences)
- Personal statement: free text describing your personal view of the scientific content, as depicted in the submitted image (1-2 sentences)
- Submitting images, which have been submitted to previous competitions of any sort, is forbidden. This includes competitions held by HUCNN or by other organizations.
- Prizes will be granted to selected works. Attending the closing ceremony of the conference is mandatory for receiving the prize.
- Kindly be aware that by submitting your nano picture, you are providing the HUCNN with full rights to use it for PR publications after the event. HUCNN is eligible to publish all pictures, fully acknowledging the person that has submitted the artwork. The material may be published in prints and/or may be found on the center's website.